Couldn’t wait to get home today – I WAS STARVING! A co-worker mentioned a cookout today, thus triggering a ridiculous craving for BBQ. I knew a big slab o’ meat wasn’t in the cards for tonight, but I could make something pretty freakin’ tasty. Result? An amazing and extremely satisfying brunch-worthy sandwich that needs a knife and fork to eat. Plus, it’s ready in 5-10 minutes.
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (I had La Brea Bakery’s Three Cheese Semolina on hand)
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 egg
- parmesan cheese
- your fave bbq sauce (I’m on a Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce kick right now)
- Melt a little butter over med-high heat. Cook egg over-easy. (I love egg yolk.)
- While egg is cooking, toast bread then butter.
- Place egg on toasted bread and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Place on sandwich.
- In same pan, sauté mushrooms until just about done, then add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Place mushrooms and spinach onto sandwich, and top with more parmesan cheese and bbq sauce.
- Complete sandwich with other piece of toast.