I spotted an easy recipe for chicken that included tequila – my favorite ingredient – and I just had to try it. I doubled the original recipe since I bought a value-pack for only $4.00, but the glaze was still enough for all the chicken. I love the fact that there’s very little prep work for this. Served with a side of collard greens, it made for a healthy and scrumptious dinner.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/3 cups apricot preserves
- 2-3 tbs crushed chile de arbol
- 1/3 cup tequila (I used Jose Cuervo)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/
- Combine apricot preserves, chile de arbol, and tequila – bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season drumsticks with salt & pepper and place in glass baking dish.
- Brush drumsticks with apricot-tequila mixture and then pour leftover mixture all over chicken.
- Roast for approx. 60 minutes or until cooked.
- Baste chicken with juices and mixture in baking dish then broil for 5 minutes.